All the Open Education Awards of Excellence for 2021 winners
For 10 years, Open Education Global’s Open Education Awards for Excellence has seen and acknowledged the growth and impact of Open Education and its increasing number of advocates. 2021 has been no different!
Since the end of September 2021, the winners within each award category have been announced at 2-week intervals – these categories include the awards for UNESCO OER Implementation, Open Assets, Open Practices, Open Resilience, and outstanding Open Individuals.
You can find all the winners listed below – together they display an outstanding view of where Open Education is in 2021. As OE Global gears up to celebrate 10 years of celebrating and acknowledging individual and collective achievements in the exploration of open practices within Education around the world, join us in congratulating this wonderful array and diversity of effort and dedication to openness!
And the OEAward 2021 winners are…
- Leadership Award:
Melissa Highton at the University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Educator Award:
Orna Farrell at Dublin City University (Ireland)
- Emerging Leader Award:
Gino Fransman at Nelson Mandela University (South Africa)
- Support Specialist Award:
Werner Westermann at the Library of Congress of Chile (Chile)
- Student Award:
Hannah Rothmann at the University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
In the Open Assets category…
Open Infrastructure Award
- OpenETC from Brian Lamb (Thompson Rivers University), Grant Potter (University of Northern British Columbia), and Tannis Morgan (BCcampus) (Canada)
- WikiFundi: a wiki platform to bridge the digital divide and teach information literacy and writing skills from Wiki In Africa (South Africa / France)
- OERF’s digital learning ecosystem from the OER Foundation (New Zealand)
Best OER Award
- Open RN Nursing Skills textbook by Chippewa Valley Technical College (United States)
- Open RN Nursing Fundamentals textbook by Chippewa Valley Technical College (United States)
Open Reuse / Remix / Adaptation Award
- Texas Learn OER from the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (United States)
- Kit de REA REBIUN by Red Bibliotecas Universitarias Españolas (Spain)
- 25 Years of EdTech: The Serialized Audio Version by BCcampus (Canada)
Open Curation or Repository Award
- Open.Ed Collection of Geoscience Outreach OERs and more on TES from University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Observatory of the Institute for the Future of Education from Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico)
In the Open Practices category …
Open Pedagogy Award
- Open Education Challenge Series from Vancouver Community College / BCcampus (Canada)
Open Collaboration Award
- Transformation by Innovation in Distance Education (TIDE) project from The Open University (United Kingdom)
- Red Pharos from the Knowledge Dissemination Network (Mexico)
Open Policy Award
- Open Policies for Learning and Teaching from the University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
Open Research Award
- Textbook Broke: Textbook Affordability as a Social Justice Issue from CSU, Channel Islands (United States)
Open Innovation Award
- Together: An open collaborative picture book project from the GOGN picture book team (United Kingdom, and many other countries)
In the Open Resilience Award category
- OpenLearn’s response to the pandemic from The Open University (United Kingdom)
In the UNESCO OER Implementation Award category
- Every one of the 294 presenters at the Open Education Global 2021 online conference.
What’s next …
We are celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Open Education Awards for Excellence on December 7th.
Join us on this journey!
Congratulate the winners, and share your experiences with their projects, on OEG Connect!
Explore the 2021 awards further: